We have had a fantastic response so far to registering, especially in the non-competition ages. We are wanting to increase registrations for players aged between 12-18 years, both boys and girls so we can make up enough for one or two teams. We will gladly take any player of any ability.
We are looking for Premier League women aged between 17-21. Contact Joel on 0422 847 792 for more information.
Important Note: we know that many of you long-time players think you have enough shorts and socks and therefore need not come to collect gear BUT we have NEW shorts and socks (shorts are now green) so you must turn up to collect your gear in time for trial games.
Remember: FINAL registration days this weekend – more here.
Go here for registration information.
What a great weekend for Forest Rangers! Over 530 people have registered with still plenty more to come. A big thanks to all Committee members who turned up to help and to players for coming along and collecting gear.
We will have two FINAL Registration Days next weekend: Saturday 6 February and Sunday 7 February, 11-3pm at St George Masos. There will be NO other days to collect gear as team allocation starts Monday 8 February (more details here) and you must be registered and have collected your gear in order to attend. We are also running out of some sizes so hurry or you’ll miss out! This also includes our O35, AAA and women’s teams.
Find out more on how to register here.
Team Allocation Process
This year player allocation will be carried out by a Player Allocation Committee comprising experienced representative coaches and senior FRFC committee members who collectively have many years of coaching experience. The following protocols apply:
- Where possible, players will be selected in the team that they would most like to be in. Where a player has played last year in a specific team, or has school friends in a particular team, every effort will be made to allocate the player to that team.
- Where the player allocation committee believes that there is enough depth in quality in a particular age group they will attempt to select a team to represent the club in a higher division. Currently St George Association has three non-competition divisions:
- 1) Bee (beginners) – limited playing experience
- 2) Fox (intermediate) – played before, developing skill level
- 3) Ant (advanced) – played before, high skill level
3. Further re-allocation of players may occur during trial games held in March, where the Committee will observe players in real game scenarios.
All player and team allocations will be held at Gannons Park, Pindari Rd, Peakhurst. Please ensure you arrive 15 minutes before your time slot, ready with full playing gear including shin pads plus water.
Parental involvement as coach/manager of teams (especially non-competition, under 6 to under 11) is mandatory for teams to be formed. This will require two parents to become Registered Team Officials (RTOs) to form a team. All coach volunteers will receive training from our club Head Coach as well as a club manual to assist with coaching your team.
Ultimately, the club wishes all players to have a positive football experience at FRFC, one where they really enjoy their football and want to return in the coming years.
Team Allocation Dates
Boys and Girls:
- Under 6 Monday 15 and 22 February 5.00pm – 6.00pm
- Under 7 Wednesday 17 and 24 February 5.00pm – 6.00pm
- Under 8 Thursday 18 and 25 February 5.00pm – 6.00pm
- Under 9 Monday 15 and 22 February 6.15pm – 7.15pm
- Under 10 Wednesday 17 and 24 February 6.15pm – 7.15pm
- Under 11 Thursday 18 and 25 February 6.15pm – 7.15pm
- Under 12 Monday 8 and 15 February 5.30pm – 6.30pm
- Under 13 Monday 8 and 15 February 7.00pm – 8.00pm
- Under 14 Wednesday 10 and 17 February 5:30pm – 6.30pm
- Under 15 Wednesday 10 and 17 February 7.00pm – 8.00pm
- Under 16 Thursday 11 and 18 February 5.30pm – 6.30pm
- Under 17 Thursday 11 and 18 February 7.00pm – 8.00pm
- Under 18 Thursday 11 and 18 & 25th February 7.30pm – 8.30pm
- Under 20 Thursday 11, 18 and 25 February 7.30pm – 8.30pm
- All Age Thursday 11, 18 and 25 February7.30pm – 8.30pm
- Under 12 Monday 15 and 22 February 7.00pm – 8.00pm
- Under 13 Monday 15 and 22 February 7.00pm – 8.00pm
- Under 14 Monday 15 and 22 February 7.00pm – 8.00pm
- Under 16 Monday 15 and 22 February 7.00pm – 8.00pm
- Under 18 Monday 15 and 22 February 7.00pm – 8.00pm
Women and Men:
- All Age Women Thursday 11 and 18 February 7.30pm – 8.30pm
- Over 35 Men Wednesday 10, 17 and 24 February 7.00pm – 8.30pm
Trial games will be organised some time in March – further details will be made available at a later date.
Please note you must be REGISTERED to attend Team Allocation. Register online now!
- Jonathon Nolan, Head of Coaching, 0432 684 346
- Tony Karahalias, President, 0419 682 310
- Paul Blair, Vice President, 0403 989 002
Reminder that it’s registration weekend TODAY and TOMORROW from 11am at St George Masos. Please make sure you register online BEFORE coming to collect your gear. And if you are a new player bring your ID. More info on our registration page.
See you there!
to register online before Registration Day(s). Go here to register: http://forestrangersfc.com.au/2016-registration-information/
AND turn up either this Saturday (30th) OR Sunday (31st) between 11-3pm at St George Masos to collect gear – EVERYONE receives new gear this year but ONLY if you come along in person this weekend. More details here: http://forestrangersfc.com.au/2016-registration-information/
Have you registered yet for Forest Rangers in 2016? Online registration is now open – go here to find out more and to register. We are known as a progressive, family-based club with many successes over the years. Please download our 2016 flyer: Rangers Leaflet FINAL for further information about our club, and check out our ten reasons to join Rangers.
If that doesn’t convince you then come along to Registration Days on 30-31 January where committee members will be able to answer your questions (and you can pick up gear, etc, etc – but you must register ONLINE first!).
Forest Rangers will field an All Age A (AAA) men’s squad, and we are also looking to have a women’s Premier League (PLW) team for 2016, with training starting as below.
The AAA squad, our highest graded senior men’s squad, will commence pre-season training Tuesday 19 January at Gannons Park. These early pre-season sessions are open to all male players, both new and returning, who would like to try out for the squad. Meet at the dressing sheds (across from the canteen) at 6.30pm.
Our highest graded senior women’s squad (PLW) will commence 2016 pre-season training on Tuesday February 2. These early pre-season sessions are open to all female players, both new and returning, who would like to trial for the squad. Initially sessions will be held at a local gym.
If you would like to try out or have any questions please contact Joel on 0422 847 792.
Remember, online registration is open – go here to find out more.
Our annual weekly skills sessions for boys and girls aged 5-14 will start again on Thursday 14 January, 2016 from 5.30-6.30pm at Gannons Park. These sessions are open to all new and returning players who want to get back into the football groove after a well-deserved break.
Please meet at the dressing sheds (opposite the canteen) and bring along boots, shin-pads, water, socks & shorts. Please direct any queries to Jono on 0432 684 346 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
[Note: the sessions have been deferred due to bad weather…]
Here’s to Season 2016. Our New Years present to you is that 2016 online Registrations are now open. What better way to get over your hangover than register? Go here for all you need to know.
You don’t have to be a good singer to join the FRFC committee (but it might help!)
Hi all – here is your new (and not-so-new) 2016 Committee. We are still desperately seeking a Communications Officer, as well as an Assistant Registrar and Assistant Canteen Manager. More about what these jobs entail can be found here.
If you are interested, or want to nominate someone you know will be good (and we know there’s lots of you out there!) then please email email@example.com (but hurry as my time doing this job expires soon!!).