FINAL Rego + Team Allocation + Trial Games
FINAL Rego and Gear pickup
Yes, there will be one more – this Saturday 14 February at St George Masos from 11-4pm. This is the last time we will be accepting cash payments, after this you will only be able to pay online. You need only come along if you are a new player; a student; paying cash or an RTO. BUT remember, you MUST REGISTER ONLINE first – we cannot do it for you! Please be prompt as we all (well, most) have VDay dates and it’s TK’s birthday!
Team Allocation Nights from Monday 16 February
This year team allocation will be conducted by a Player Allocation Committee made up of experienced FRFC representative coaches and committee members who collectively have many years of coaching experience. Our aim is that all players will have a positive experience at FRFC, to really enjoy their football and want to return in future.
Here’s the process we will be following:
- Where possible players will be selected in the team they would most like to be in. So, where a player has played last year in a specific team or has friends in a particular team, every effort will be made to allocate the player to that team.
- Where the Player Allocation Committee believes there is enough depth in quality in a particular age group they will attempt to select a team to represent the Club in a higher division.
- Note that currently St George Association has three non-competition divisions: 1) Bee (beginners) – limited playing experience; 2) Fox (intermediate) – played before, developing skill level, and; 3) Ant (advanced) – played before, high skill level and these levels will be considered at player allocation.
- There may be a re-allocation of players during trial games (held in March) as the Player Allocation Committee will be observing players in real game scenarios.
All player and team allocations will be held at Gannons Park, Pindari Rd, Peakhurst. Please arrive 15 minutes before your time slot ready with full playing gear including shin pads and water.
Times as follows:
- U6 – Monday 5-6pm
- U7 – Wednesday 5-6pm
- U8 – Thursday 5-6pm
- U9 – Monday 6.15-7.15pm
- U10 – Wednesday 6.15-7.15pm
- U11 – Thursday 6.15-7.15pm
- U12 – Friday 5-6pm
- U13 – Friday 6.15-7.15pm
- U14 – Friday 6-7pm
- U15 – Friday 6-7pm
- U16 – Thursday 6.30-7.30pm
- U17 – Thursday 5.30-6.30pm
- Girls (U12,13,14,16,18) – Thursday 6-7pm
- All Age Women – Wednesday 6.30-7.30pm
- All Age Men – Thursday 7-8pm
- AAA Men – Thursday 6.30-8pm
- O35/O45 – Wednesday 6.30-8pm
Please note that parental involvement as coach/manager of teams (especially non-competition: under 6s to under 11s) is mandatory for teams to be formed. This will require two parents to become Registered Team Officials (RTOs) to form a team. All coach volunteers will receive training from our Club Development Coach as well as a manual to assist with coaching your team. Details on RTO registration is here.
Trial Games: Save the dates
We are currently finalising trial games as follows:
- 15 March v Birrong (juniors & seniors)
- 22 March v Maroubra (juniors only)
- 22 March v Ambervale (seniors only)
- Maroubra seniors TBC
Please note you must be registered to take part in trial games – no registration, no trials (as you are not covered for insurance).
Keep checking website for updates. Good luck to all and we hope you have a wonderful experience at FRFC and enjoy your football in 2015.