Richo Cup Wrap-Up
Wow – we had another amazing day holding the 2nd ever Richo Cup at Gannons Park on Monday 13th June 2016.
It was fantastic to see almost every club from the St George Football Association participate for this wonderful cause in promoting health awareness. The weather was kind and we had a huge turnout of players & supporters – in total we had 35 teams participate! It was great to see the various clubs in their own Richo Cup jerseys to show their support.
- Banksia Tigers, the winners of the Men’s Cup
- St George Saints Football Club, winners of the Women’s Cup
- Hats off to the St George Warriors, the special needs squad who won against the St George Saints FC
- Winner of Presidents vs Refs? Well let’s just say, Presidents, don’t give up your day job 😉
- Gabrielle Mills (Forest Rangers FC) who won the girls’ Referees Best and Fairness Award
- Christian Patrulovski (Scots FC) who won the boys’ Referees Best and Fairness Award
- The 3 winners who won prizes from the raffle: Zac, Hussein Jomaa (Arncliffe FC), Neil Deuis (Forest Rangers FC)
Thanks to all the volunteers who helped setting up and packing up, and those working tirelessly in the canteen & BBQ who didn’t get an opportunity to watch any games.
Thank you to the St George Football Association for their continued support & collaboration, and to Vicki Phillips (Director, SGFA) for helping out on the day. Thanks to all SGFA clubs and for getting behind it and buying raffle tickets. Thank you also to the St George Football Referees Association who all donated their time, having a blast and joining in the spirit of the day. Not to forget Penny Hancock from Carss Park FC for bringing in the St George Warriors and helping out at the park.
Well done everyone on a great team effort. We can’t wait to do it all again next year!
Visit our flickr page for more pics throughout the day.